Nuventus Investment Opportunities
Nuventus Awards One Basic U.S. Provisional Patent Application per month for a
1% stake in your invention. Sign up for an application.
Startups and small businesses are faced with a long list of challenges when launching a new product where resources can be limited. We realized a need to aid early-stage ideas in reaching their IP goals without spending all their available budget. We offer an initial investment in the form of a free basic U.S. provisional patent application to an eligible applicant for 1% interest in the invention.
What Will Getting Backed by Nuventus Do For My Business?
Today, many Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists require applicants to have a business plan and to initiate the protection of their intellectual property. Intellectual property is the only legal way to exclude others from practicing your invention. Moreover, having backing from another company improves your credibility. Nuventus assistance will help you secure the initial intellectual property which can help your business:
- Gain credibility by offering a process where your business idea was evaluated for its market potential.
- Obtain pending patent status to give you the earliest possible priority date at the USPTO. This is important as the U.S. has adopted the first file system.
- Helps you to achieve your IP goals to grow and scale your business.
Here's How it Works
Every month we will make our application available on our website and social media accounts.
Interested parties will need to fill out the application and submit it to Nuventus. We will provide explicit instructions on that later.
The application is reviewed, and one winner for investment is selected.
We will then notify the winner and file a basic provisional patent application on the invention.
Who May Apply?
- Any U.S.-based investor or small business.
- You must be 18 years old or older to apply.
- You must be a U.S.-based small business or U.S. citizen.
- You must have operations in the U.S.A or its territories.
- You must be willing to have your name published (if selected as the winner) on our website or social media accounts. (Only your name, not the idea submitted.)
- You must assign a 1% interest in your invention to Nuventus.
- You must be ready to file your U.S. basic provisional patent application within 14 days of being notified of the award.
- The free U.S. basic provisional patent application is based on your disclosure and your figures.
Inventions We Do Not Accept
- Inventions related to devices or machines that risk national security.
- Adult industry inventions or pornographic-related inventions.
- Inventions that relate to committing a crime.
- Inventions that relate to tax fraud or avoiding taxes to the U.S. government.
- Any application submitted with offensive language will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every month Nuventus will select one applicant as a winner. Every winner will receive a U.S. basic provisional patent application for a 1% share of their invention.
A basic provisional patent application contains a 20-page maximum, one independent claim, and a cover sheet based on your disclosure.
The applicant pays the USPTO fees.
We only accept first-time applicants. You can apply again but for a different invention.
Depending on the complexity of your invention, provisional patent applications can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks. We strive to file as soon as possible to ensure you receive the earliest priority date.
After your provisional patent application is filed, the clock starts ticking. Provisional patent applications have a 12-month term. You will need to file a non-provisional patent application before the 12-month period expires. Keep in mind that we will need ample notification (at least 2 months) to file a U.S. non-provisional patent application for you.