Get Your Invention Backed!
Nuventus Awards One Basic U.S. Provisional Patent Application Bi-Weekly. Sign-up below for updates on our application!
Nuventus Awards One Basic U.S. Provisional Patent Application Bi-Weekly.
Startups and small businesses are faced with a long list of challenges when launching a new product therefore resources can be limited. We realized there is a need to aid early stage ideas reach their IP goals without digging too deep into your budget. Nuventus backs your great idea by offering an initial investment in the form of a free basic U.S. provisional patent application to an eligible applicant.
What Will Getting Backed by Nuventus Do For My Business?
In today's investment community, many Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists require applicants to have a business plan and to initiate the protection of their intellectual property. Intellectual property is only legal way to exclude others from practicing your invention. Moreover, demonstrating that you have backing from another party makes your business credible. Nuventus assistance to secure your initial intellectual property can help your business:
- Gain credibility by offering a process where your business idea was evaluated for its market potential.
- Obtain patent pending status to give you the earliest possible priority date at the USPTO. This is important as the U.S. has adopted the first to file system.
- Helps you to achieve your IP goals to grow and scale your business.
Here's How it Works
Who May Apply?
- Any U.S. based inventor, or small business.
- You must be 18 years old or older to apply.
- You must be a U.S. based small business or U.S. citizen.
- You must have operations in the U.S.A or its territories.
- You must be willing to have your name published (if selected as the winner) on our website or social media accounts. (Only your name, not the idea submitted.)
- You must be ready to file your U.S. basic provisional patent application within 14 days of being notified of the award.
- The free U.S. basic provisional patent application is based on your disclosure and your figures.
Inventions We Do Not Accept
- Inventions related to devices or machines that risk national security.
- Adult industry inventions or pornographic related inventions.
- Inventions which relate to committing a crime.
- Inventions which relate to tax fraud or avoiding taxes to the U.S. government.
- Any application submitted with offensive language will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Nuventus deliver if my application is selected?
What does a basic provisional patent application entail?
If I am selected, who pays the USPTO fees?
Every other week Nuventus will select one applicant as a winner. Every winner will receive a free U.S. basic provisional patent application.
A basic provisional patent application contains a 20 page maximum, one independent claim, incorporation by reference of any prior art, and a cover sheet based off of your disclosure.
The applicant pays the USPTO fees. USPTO fees are currently: $280 (regular), $140 (small entity), $70 (micro entity).
Can I apply more than once?
How long does it take to file a provisional patent application?
What happens after my provisional patent application is filed?
We only accept first time applicants. You can apply again but for a different invention.
Depending on the complexity of you invention, provisional patent applications can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks. We strive to file as soon as possible to ensure you receive the earliest priority date.
After your provisional patent application is filed the clock starts ticking. Provisional patent applications have a 12 month term. You will need to file a non-provisional patent application before the 12 month term expires. Keep in mind that we will need ample notification (at least 2 months) to file a U.S. non-provisional patent application for you.